1. The foundation of an infant stimulation program is the interaction between a parent and child; enhance the close and loving relationship between you and your baby by starting stimulation activities today.
2. The activities are fun! You should and will enjoy the activities as much as your infant. And wait until you see your baby’s reaction to the activities.
3. Infant stimulation activities do not require a lot of time. An activity should not last longer than 15 minutes.
4. Infant stimulation activities are inexpensive. The few things you might purchase (a Babysmartees t-shirt for visual stimulation, orange or peppermint extract for scent stimulation, or fabric for a tactical blanket) are minor costs.
5. The human brain has its largest growth spurt within the first year of life and a baby’s environment has the strongest impact on his brain. Create a stimulating environment during your baby’s first year.
6. Infant stimulation activities are fun and valuable even before your baby is born. Your baby is able to sense and respond to the world while in the womb. And guess what research has shown to be the best time of day for pre-birth stimulation activities? Fetuses are most alert in the evening between eight and midnight. So rest up from your day and learn an activity to do with the beautiful child you carrying.
7. A father’s involvement is just as important as a mother’s. Infant stimulation activities are perfect opportunities for father and baby to bond. While mom bears the responsibility for the pregnancy, the birth, and the feeding, both parents can be and should be doing stimulation activities with their baby.
8. These are activities that the whole family can enjoy with baby. There is no reason to limit infant stimulation activities to the parents and baby only, siblings, grandparents, aunts and uncles can learn and enjoy the program too! Just be certain they understand the goal and to always ensure that baby is enjoying himself.
9. Finding activities to do is easy! The Babysmartees Blog is dedicated to infant stimulation activities, so come back daily for new activities and ideas. If you would like to read about the research as well as the activities get a copy of "How to Have a Smarter Baby; Infant Stimulation – Proven Ways to Enhance your Baby’s Natural Development.”
10. With all the good reasons to do infant stimulation activities, I still think this is reason number one: sometimes day in and day out with an infant is not the most stimulating for you. I still remember how every day can feel the same. Having a variety of activities to do with your infant can change things up for you and help you get through another day without it feeling like you are reliving the same day as yesterday!